Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Winter update - & a little view of Rome


Saint Peter's Square

Wow - It's almost the end of February already!!  So this blog has been a bit quiet lately - not to worry - life just takes over sometimes and like certain animals - I did a little hibernating as far as blog writing was concerned.  But if you follow me on instagram, twitter or facebook you will see that we have as usual been quite busy.  The holidays ended and school restarted, I'm on a bit of a Winter break from touring/working, so using the time to focus on other things...but we still enjoy our jaunts into Bordeaux and the surrounding area.  I have several blog posts in the works about - Chateau d'Yquem, the Eco-System of Darwin and the musee du Vin both in Bordeaux and of course, our fabulous trip to Rome in early January!!


 The photos here are just a preview of a wonderful getaway for a few days that my mother, middle daughter and I took in early January.  My mother and I have started a mini-tradition since I have moved to France - since she comes for a month - and we both like to travel - we choose a city to visit for a few days.  It's become a fun mother/daughter tradition and last year, we added bringing along one of my daughters.  This year it was 4 days in Rome, Italy and Wow - I was impressed!  What a beautiful city.  I will be sharing some more about our trip and our various adventures around the city. but here are few shots from St. Peter's Square - in Vatican City.  





 Here's my mother and my middle daughter.  We entered the square on a Sunday early evening and the lighting was just perfect!!  I have to say it made our first ever glimpse of St Peter's Square very special and memorable.  Yes, there were lots of people, even at this time of year.


Again, this is just a short update and wanted to share a bit about our first glimpses of Rome - it was the first time for all of us to be in this wonderful city - which I found so warm, welcoming and very interesting.

So as I sit at my dining room table in Bordeaux in the middle of February, I find myself dreaming of someday returning to this beautiful city.  I hope after I share a few more posts about our experience, you will feel the same way...or if you have already visited - maybe your already do.

It's Winter here - but one of the best things about Bordeaux is that the sun does shine and even though we have our fair share of Winter rain - we still get glimpse of the sun - so Happy mid-Winter everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from people!

Popular Posts